NutriQuiz is a quiz platform for secondary school students that pose questions on Biofortification, Nutrition, Agriculture, Biology, Chemistry, and Mathematics. It is embedded in the Nutritious Food Fair (NFF) event for the year. The idea is to spur the interest of students to learn about nutrition and become champions of nutrition. It is targeted at educating secondary school students about healthy nutrition and the vital role our foods play in grey-matter development. Participants are drawn from across the state with the previous winner as the defending champion. At the end of the competition, the overall winner will receive the victory trophy and a star prize alongside the 1st and 2nd runners-up.
The quiz competition offers the following to students and schools participating in the NutriQuiz Competition:
- Cash prizes and consolation prizes worth up to 1 Million naira
- Acquire knowledge on nutrition, agriculture, mathematics, and other subject areas
- National and International recognition for competing schools and students
- A published feature story on the winners and runners up in national dailies
- Publicity for the winning schools and runners up in print and electronic media
- Interact and Network with bright minds from renowned schools
- A group picture with the celebrity Nollywood Actor and quiz master, Segun Arinze
Current Champion is COMMUNITY SECONDARY COMMERCIAL SCHOOL, UYO.